Help Your Dog to Learn Stop Peeing in the Crates
Despite being very well-behaved, your dog may lack in proper peeing habit. You may not have any other complaints with it, but only this one. The crate where you make all arrangement to give your dog little personal space is can be the place where it pees. It is indeed annoying to get the newly bought Stylish Dog Crates stinking for the dog’s misuse of it.
You have to understand one thing before you get angry with your dog for this behavior. The crate is considered as a dog’s den and it never spoils its territory, in general. What is the matter with your dog then? Here are some facts and tips to make your dog adopt the right peeing habit.
- It is not possible for you to understand whether your beloved pet is suffering from any disease or not for which it is peeing in the crate. For the urinary tract infection or any trouble in the back can be the reason. Take it to the vet to check if there is anything wrong or not. Make sure you have all the information about the irregular peeing like the frequency, odor, color, any dietary or medical changes.
- Make sure stylish dog crates are not very big for your dog. It should be large enough so that your dog can stand, sit and sleep comfortably, but it should not be very large that the dog can use a corner for the peeing.
- It is better to practice more toilet breaks. The puppies have under-developed bladders and the small dogs have small bladders. The smaller bladders fail to hold pee for a long time; it needs to be relieved often. As a result, the dogs end up peeing in the crates. Therefore, the small breeds and the puppies need more frequent toilet breaks.
- Be practical with your expectations. The smaller breeds like chihuahua, Pomeranian, Bichon Frise etc. may not hold urine as long as the Labrador, Retriever, Doberman or similar large breed dogs can. Therefore, to some extent, it depends on the breed and your expectation towards it.
- Treats are another fantastic way of training a dog. You can arrange the potty training for your puppy by using treats. While peeing in the right place you can shower it with a good treat. It will understand that this activity is going to fetch more treats for it. Thus, it will develop proper toilet habit and stop peeing in the stylish dog crates.
Take help from Kennel and Crates who offers stylish dog crates for your dogs and also provides maintenance tips for those.