6 Top Ways to Make Your Dog Love the Kennels
If you follow the right guidance to own a pet, you will obviously know how important it is to grow the crate habit in a dog. You love your puppy, so it is not an easy decision for you to keep your dog in a crate for a certain period of a day. Their puppy eyes, pleading attitude will make it very difficult for you and even you will feel guilty. After pleading they may resist going to the crate. You may think it is better to let them free, but crate habit is needed for putting a leash to their destructive attitudes.
The crates are not to give pain to your dogs. You can make them interesting and enjoyable for your dogs as well. Apart from getting designer dog kennels, you can follow some tips, so the pets do not consider it as punishments.
- You shouldn’t rush to make this habit for your dog. It needs to adopt the habit and it will take time. You can feed them inside the crate, keeping the door opened. Then after few days keep the door closed for 10 minutes and then increase the time to 30 minutes. If the dog is comfortable in the crate for more than 30 minutes, you can keep it there for a couple of hours.
- At a time, you should not crate your dog for more than four hours. The regular breaks are needed for peeing or else they will use the kennel for it.
- It is better to keep it somewhere quiet. The environmental noises and distractions can make the dog anxious and stressful. They will start by relating their crates with those feelings.
- If you can make a good bed inside the kennel, it will be a cozy place for the dog. You can let it sleep over there as well. Get an unchewable bed if your dog has a random chewing habit.
- You have to be very careful about the size of your designer dog kennel. Your dog should stand and sit and move in the crate. It shouldn’t be too small to get up and also it should not be too big so that they can use one corner of the kennel as their toilet.
- For making a crate habit, you can use treats for your dog. Hide a treat inside the kennel and let them find it, it is a nice strategy to grow the habit without forcing them. On the other hand, you can use a bone or toy to keep it occupied for sometimes.
Contact Kennel and Crates for the best designer dog kennels according to your needs and preferences. These are reasonable in price and comfortable in use.